Listening Skills Keynote
How To Listen To People Who Don’t Listen
Your Communication Skills become challenged when dealing with any of the five types of listeners portrayed above.
And, the situation requires different skills sets in these situations.
1. You engage in a friendly conversation.
2. You try to communicate with someone who is angry and your job or your goal is to calm that person down.
3. You deal with someone who does not listen because that person’s mind is set and you want or need to present another idea or position.
These three situations require three different listening strategies.
You don’t handle an argumentative person the same way you handle someone who agrees with you.
And you don’t have to “wing it” when one of these situations arises.
In this Keynote, you will discover:
* A quick listening skills test you can take to test your listening ability
* Roadblocks to Effective Listening and how to avoid them
* Three Laws of Listening
* Five Rules for Better Listening
* The “Other 3 Rs,” The ones that promote truly effective Listening
* Strategies for dealing with Amicable, Angry, Argumentative, or Apathetic people
Al Borowski, MEd, CSP, PP
Certified Speaking Professional
Professor of Positivity
PO Box 24505
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
877-902-3314 Toll Free